DARMASISWA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
ACADEMIC YEAR 2013/2014
Herewith we submit that the Ministry of Education and Culture, Republic of Indonesia in the academic year 2013/2014 will offer a scholarship of Darmasiswa Program to foreign students to study in Indonesia for 6 months and 1 year (Regular 1 year and Regular 6 months).
In this regard, here we inform you as the following:
A. SCHEDULE OF PROGRAM
- Registration & Selection through IE/CG : 8 October – 30 November 2012
- Administration Selection by MoEC and MoFA : 1 – 14 December 2012
- Academic Selection by MoEC and HE : 17 December 2012
- Announcement : 7 January 2013
- Confirmation of participation : 7 -31 January 2013
- Commencement :
- a. Regular 1 year (September 2013 – July 2014)
- b. Reguler 6 month (September 2013 – January 2014)
Note: Indonesian Embassy (IE); Consulate General (CG); Ministry of Education and Culture (MoEC); Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA); Higher Education (HE).
B. VISA ARRANGEMENT
The Darmasiswa participant is required to have a Social Visit Visa (VKSB) for 60 days issued by the Indonesian Embassy in the participant’s country of residence. Upon arrival in Indonesia, the Darmasiswa participant’s passport has to be submitted to the Bureau of Planning and International Cooperation, Ministry of Education and Culture, for necessary arrangements in obtaining recommendations of the State Secretariat and the Directorate General of Immigration, Ministry of Justice and Human Rights.
The participants are prohibited to apply for Tourist Visa or On-Arrival Visa for study purpose.
The Ministry of Education and Cultural doesn’t provide the accommodation for participants.
D. COVERAGE OF SCHOLARSHIP
Monthly allowance will be received by participant is Rp 2.000.000,00 (two million rupiah).
- Living Cost Rp.1.200.000
- Book Allowances Rp 200.000
- Local Transport Rp. 200.000
- Medical/Health Care Rp. 200.000
- Pocket Money Rp. 200.000
The participant is advised to bring enough money in US dollar for unexpected additional expenses in Indonesia.
The applicant should register through the following procedures:
Prospective participants are required to register at the Embassy / Consulate General in the country of origin of participants, and for participants who are not in the participant’s home country is not allowed to be registered through the Indonesian Embassy/Consulate General in the participating countries (non-citizenship).
F. QUALIFICATIONS OF PARTICIPANTS
Each participant has to fulfill these requirements as the follows:
- Not more than 35 years of age.
- Completed secondary education or its equivalent
- In good health as proved by Medical Certificate
- Able to communicate in English and additional Bahasa Indonesia is required
- Have basic knowledge of the field you’re applying for.
G. APPLICATION PROCEDURE
To apply the Darmasiswa scholarship program, participant must submit a complete application package to the IE/CG that includes all the following items:
- Completed admission application form
- Copy of academic transcript and certificates
- Copy passport valid at least 18 months from time of arrival in Indonesia.
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Passport size color photograph (5 pieces)
H. ARRIVAL IN INDONESIA
The Ministry of Education and Culture does not provide the return International airfare to Indonesia. We only provide the transportation from Jakarta to place of study; however the transportation from place of study to Jakarta will be carried out by participants.
I. HEALTH INSURANCE
The Ministry of Education and Culture (MoEC) will not provide health insurance; therefore the participants are expected to have the International insurance.